Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beginning again...

Ok ok, so it has been a long time since I have posted here... there are many reasons. Most are pretty lame but some are legit. I did forget my Blogger password for a while... then remembered it suddenly. I guess that's Mommy Brain for you!! I also had a total computer failure and lost all my emails and contacts but hey, I needed to purge my address book anyway. (As an aside, if you haven't gotten any emails from me, that might be why! LOL). I guess my life with 5 kids has been pretty busy for these last few months... ok, almost a year now!

I guess I should update.... here are my kids...

Colin who is now 9 (posing the "inchie")














Braden who turned 7 on June 13th














Haley who is 4 1/2 (in her dance costume from June's recital)



















and our babies... Payton & Sydney who will be 1 on the 13 of this month.














Our school year ended on June 22nd and for the first week or so we were just free wheeling and enjoying a nice relaxed summer pace. What a nice treat to have no where to go!! No kids to get ready?? No hurry up and get your shoes on (repeat ten times!!)?? No "Mom, where's my back pack?"? Ahhhh, summer!! I do so love it now that the weather has warmed up and the sun has begun to shine again. :)

But it didn't last long and as of this Monday the 'big' kids have half day summer camp at the elementary school that is just down the street from us. So we are off to walk and ride bikes/scooters every morning to camp by 8:45am. Yup, its back to the rat race. This being the 4th day of camp I think I finally have the routine down and can manage to get all of us dress, fed, and outside for our departure time. It might not be a well oiled machine yet, but we are working on it. It is a 5-10 minute walk down to school and I have been enjoying the exercise of walking both ways twice a day. The girls seem to like the sights too but are pretty tired and ready for morning nap right away when we get home. Of course I then get my tea and computer time in silence... ahhhh!!!

1 comment: