Friday, July 10, 2009

The bread....

As I have outlined below, I have many children... all of varying ages but all wanting one thing right around 12 o'clock - LUNCH. Now at my house there are very few choices in things that I do for the kids. I allow them to dress by themselves and choose what ever they want to wear. They can also choose to be good little children (and have a fun day) or naughty little children (and suffer the consequences). When it comes to meals however, I set out a few choices for breakfast - cereal, breakfast bar, or whatever the hot meal of the day will be, pancakes, etc - and lunch - peanut butter and jelly, grilled cheese or cold cuts if we have any. Dinner, however, is a no choice meal. "You get what you get and you don't get upset!!" as my children can chorus for you in unison!


Anyway, yesterday I started the mission of feeding the group their lunch and came upon this:



What on earth was I going to do with that pathetic collection of bread?? My children will eat the heals (Yup, I have convinced them that the "un-cut" pieces of bread are extra special - pure genius, I know!) Yes this was my last loaf of bread but who would leave slices like that in the bag and not tell me we were out of bread??? Hmmm let's think here, it wasn't the kids.... Ahh must have been the 'big kid' himself. Nice! Ok, so I salvaged what I could and made the babies a pb&j and the other kids had their sandwiches on hamburger buns, thank goodness I had some.



Oh, the big guy, yup, Bill got a 'nice' text from me about this situation and has vowed never to eat bread again!! Ok, maybe never is a bit extreme but he promised to not leave me with usable bread again.



And the irony of this whole story... the thing that really got me going was that I was at the grocery store the very moment that he was making his sandwich and using the last of that bread.. yup, thank for the call to tell me to get more!! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment