Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My New Toy

I've joined the present... I am a modern human.. I am the proud owner of my own personal netbook!! (Notice the accent on the word personal... not much around here is personal to anyone!)

I have been wanting to get a laptop for quite a while but have had a hard time justifying the purchase when there are so many other things here that could be bought with that money. I have total laptop envy of Bill and the IBM that he faithfully totes from work to home each day. Being the wonderful man that he is, he has been offering to buy me one for this or that holiday and I have gone along with it for a while and then change my mind and told him to not be so extravagant. "Let's use that money to buy clothes for the kids", etc.

Well, I took a small job a few weeks back helping a family to organize some old paperwork, files, and tax returns. I decided that I would save the money I made, and use it on a netbook. It wasn't enough but with some $$ from selling some baby items on craigslist, I figured eventually I would come up with the money. Then, something wonderful happened.. Woot had a Woot-off. Woot is one of these one deal a day websites but when they have a woot-off, they put up multiple deals until each one is gone. They offered an Asus Eee PC refurb for only $159 with a flat $5 shipping. I couldn't pass up the deal and I had already saved that much $. A win-win for me. So now I am writing this post from my new net book... or maptop (that's a mini-laptop in Bradenese).

So a whole new world of computer bliss has been opened up to me.. I love the idea of connecting on the go and being able to search the vast Internet at a moments notice. I also anticipate being able to blog more frequently, which should make my 'readers' happy! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment