Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Colin leaves for Oshkosh....

My big boy is gone!!

After months of planning and thinking about this wonderful opportunity, Colin has left on an adventure with his grandparents to EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, WI. http://www.airventure.org

He will be gone for 2 weeks - I know he will have a great time, but how am I going to manage with out him??? This is the longest he has ever been away from us. Things are not going to be the same around here without him. Colin is my little BUG! I know he is 9 now but he still is my little guy and quite a Momma's boy! He is such a cute and inquisitive kid. So full of wonder at everything. He loves nature and bugs. He is also very artistic and loves to create things and find out how things work. I am going to be pretty lonely without my pal.

Anyway, I guess I need to give some background here. "Oshkosh" is an aviation festival that takes place every year in WI. It is the heart of the general aviation world for a week and it truly amazing. I am more than a bit jealous that Colin is going.. without me!! ;) People from all over the USA and world flock to Oshkosh, WI for a week long airplane fly-in. It has daily airshow and tons of exhibits and things to do. Here is a little movie http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1412255721?bctid=1381694270 That might explain it better than I can.

They will camp there for the whole festival. Grammie & Poppie will be volunteering with the EAA to help run the festival. There are so many wonderful opportunities there for Colin to experience from air shows to airplane displays to museums. I can't wait to hear all about it each day when he calls to check in. But for now, Colin and Grammie & Poppie are in off on a fabulous adventure in airplane land....





No comments:

Post a Comment