Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blow-up and Blow-outs

Have you ever had a day where you suffer a whole days worth of frustrations in about 10 minutes time??

That pretty much sums up today.

It was a normal summer morning of trying to keep the kids focused on getting ready to go to camp. All was going according to schedule for the most part and we were nearly ready to go.

I went outside to get the bikes out of the shed and find my new outfitted bike as well. Only the evening before I had had Bill install my new iBert on the front of my bike so now my bike was a totally tricked out, baby carrying machine!! With the iBert up front and the standard bike seat in back, I would finally be ready to ride the kids to camp with the twins. Bill checked my bike over and blew up the tires. It was in the garage all ready for this morning.

Well, with some struggle, and help from Braden & Haley I got Payton & Sydney in their bike helmets and on my bike. The kids took to their bikes and we were finally ready to ride!

After posing for a quick picture to document this momentous occasion, we were off to camp! At least for a few feet until I felt a distinctive thump, thump. Seems that I blew-out the 20+ year old tires on my bike!!

"Ok kids! Back to the house!". I needed to get the girls in the stroller quickly if we were going to get to camp on time.

I quickly pulled out the double stroller and got the girls out of the bike seats. As I was putting them in, I smelled something... You all know the smell I'm talking about. Yup.. someone had poop!

I did a quick assessment and discovered that Payton was the offending baby. I yanked her out and ran inside quickly leaving 3 kids at the top of the drive way anxiously waiting to get going!

As I ran to the bedroom to grab a diaper I noticed thing were a bit sticky on my arm. Yup, just when you need to really get going, a huge blow-out! Payton had pooped everywhere including my arm! Yuck!

So after getting her changed and back in the stroller, we started off walking... and made it there just a bit late. So much for my plans and the wonderful new bike seat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment