Saturday, August 8, 2009

We ROCK!






Yesterday a dump truck came and left 3 tons of Delaware River gravel in out driveway. It looks great but is a lot smaller of a pile than I expected. The kids thought it was the best thing they have seen! LOL The gravel fill our narrow side yard to form a walkway from the front to the back. It is a high traffic area and there is a lot of just clumps of grass and dirt.
Today was a hard day of work! We cleared out the side yard and unearthed the slate stepping stones that have been imbedded in the ground since we put them in 20 years ago. After leveling the area and laying ground cloth, we were able to start to lay the rock down. The kids were great helpers both shoveling rocks and using the steel rakes to spread the rocks around. It was a great family project.

After getting about 2 tons layed down, I layed each of the slates by hand. Here's the proof! Those are working woman's hand for sure! Incidentally I did quite a number on my wedding band and banged it up pretty good. I also ended up with cuts and bruises on my palms. I guess I should have use a rake to put the steps in!
After all were layed, we sprayed it down to wash the dirt away. I think it looks great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment